Monday, February 16, 2009

Here Comes the Bride...


My little sister Meghan got engaged last weekend on Valentine's Day - February 14, 2009. She's been dating her fiance for years and years, so it didn't come as a surprise to my family. But being the older sister, suddenly I feel like I'm supposed to know all sorts of things about weddings. I'm 30, in a steady relationship, but I've never been married. And obviously, at this point in my life I've been in quite a few weddings (so let's hope that old saying "three times a bridesmaid, never a bride" isn't accurate...). But even being a part of those weddings in the past, I don't know everything that an older sister who has walked down the aisle would. So...what do you do when you're 30 years old and your little sister is getting married before you? You write a blog. OK, it's probably not the type of blog you'd expect - i.e. this won't be about how everyone is harassing you since you're not married yet. Instead this blog is about being the older sister who's not quite able to provide her little sister with wedding advice like most older sisters can since they went through the whole wedding planning thing already.

All my life I've been a planner...I make lists, I do research, I plan things out to make sure everything will be perfect. My close friends sometimes call me Martha - since I'm a foodie, enjoy gardening, love to entertain and strive to make things look "perfect." So with that said, I want to help (help, not take over the event) my sister with her wedding...do some research, find her some super useful resources and provide that often necessary sisterly inspiration. I hope you enjoy learning with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment